Is it going to rain today?

MARYSVILLE WEATHER

Music




Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Just writing

I just felt the need to write.  I am on the 25 day of the strike.  http://www.iam751.org/  That's my union's web site.  http://www.boeing.com/2008negotiations/  That's my company's website.  The two are acting like gigantic children fighting in a playground.  I wish they could just meet in the middle and we could go back to work.  This should have been done months and months ago.  We go through this every three years and it is tiresome.  I can't wait to retire.  The sooner the better. 
 
I don't think I support the bailout, but I am not that good with economics to know what to do.  I guess there really isn't anything I can do anyway.  The markets should have been able to work it out, but the government and the liberals have so messed it up with regulation that who knows.  When I hear some of these buffoons in Wash. D.C. talk I want to scream.  Voting Republican doesn't always do the trick, you know.  There are a lot of liberals or moderates in the Republican party, too.  (I can't stand moderates.  Can't tell where they are coming from.) 
 
Our daughter's wedding is approaching, and not rapidly.  It is difficult what with being on strike and all, all being not having a lot of money even before the strike.  When the strike is over I will work as much overtime as I can, probably through the Christmas holidays.
 
I am done reading "Prince Caspian".  A few more books and I'll be done with the Chronicles Of Narnia.  The set is for children.  I am expecting C. S. Lewis' other works to be more mature.  I have started in the past Mere Christianity and The Screwtape Letters, but I never got through them. 
 
Have you ever seen Dr. Zchivago.  I rented it from Netflicks.  So, I am half way through it; the movie is over three hours long. 
 
Sorry I am such a terrible writer.  I started reading a book on writing, so maybe I will improve.  In the meantime, blah, blah, blah.

No comments: